VOLUNTEERING IN PERSON
Volunteer in person to help us chop fruit, fill dishes, clean cages, fill orders, run errands and dole out treats. Volunteers are needed during the morning-early afternoon hours only, anywhere from 8am until 2pm seven days per week.
If you are interested please fill out the volunteer application below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Application (you must be 18 years or older). Note: If your application is accepted then you will also need to fill out this agreement and bring it with you. Please also see our Volunteer Guidelines. Thank you!
VOLUNTEERING FROM HOME
There are many ways to help bat by simply sitting at your computer in the convenience of your home. Please see the list below to get started. If you have an idea that is not mentioned below, please e-mail us at email@example.com – we would appreciate hearing from you! On behalf of the bats, thank you.
1. MONITOR E-GROUPS and list serves that encourage the sale of exotic pets.
If you see bats listed for sale, please e-mail the link to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to save these animals from the cruel pet trade. To learn more about why bats should not be kept as pets see our Bats as Pets page.
2. GO GREEN! Recycle, reduce, reuse, plant trees and conserve green space.
3. PUT UP A BAT HOUSE!
Provide much-needed habitat for the bats in your area.
4. PLAN AHEAD when it comes to construction and home remodeling projects during maternity season for bats. Baby bat season runs from early April to late September, depending on where you live. You may not even be aware that a few mother bats are raising their young in a secluded area of your attic or roof. Waiting until baby season is over will insure that these mothers can successfully raise their pups.
5. SET UP AN EDUCATIONAL BOOTH
Set up an informational booth at local fairs, conventions, and Earth Day events. We will be happy to provide literature to get you started. Click here for ideas on educational displays.
6. MAKE YOUR TOWN SMARTER!
Write a Letter to the Editor about the benefits of bats, and be sure to include how to humanely handle bats if they become a problem in local homes and businesses (click here to learn more). Also write public interest articles to spread the word through other types of publications.
7. CREATE A FUNDRAISER FOR BAT WORLD
You will need the right sort of idea and right location for it. Example – you might host a Fruit Bat Benefit – $25 gets participants a basket of fruit (donated by a local produce store).
8. ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
We share photos and educational information almost every day on our Bat World’s Facebook page. If you know someone who is afraid of bats, please have them join our page so they can see what bats are really like. Educating others is the key to saving bats around the world!
9. USE AMAZON SMILE
If you shop at Amazon.com, please create an Amazon Smile account and choose Bat World Sanctuary as your designated charity. Every time to sign into Amazon Smile and shop, Amazon Smile will send us a donation!