WAYS TO HELP AT HOME
There are many ways to help bat by simply sitting at your computer in the convenience of your home. Please see the list below to get started. If you have an idea that is not mentioned below, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we would appreciate hearing from you! On behalf of the bats, thank you.
1. MONITOR E-GROUPS and list serves that encourage the sale of exotic pets.
If you see bats listed for sale, please e-mail the link to us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to save these animals from the cruel pet trade. To learn more about why bats should not be kept as pets see our Bats as Pets page.
2. GO GREEN!
Recycle, reduce, reuse, plant trees and conserve green space.
3. PUT UP A BAT HOUSE!
Provide much-needed habitat for the bats in your area.
4. PLAN AHEAD when it comes to construction and home remodeling projects during maternity season for bats. Baby bat season runs from early April to late September, depending on where you live. You may not even be aware that a few mother bats are raising their young in a secluded area of your attic or roof. Waiting until baby season is over will insure that these mothers can successfully raise their pups.
5. SET UP AN EDUCATIONAL BOOTH
Set up an informational booth at local fairs, conventions, and Earth Day events. We will be happy to provide literature to get you started. Click here for ideas on educational displays.
6. MAKE YOUR TOWN SMARTER!
Write a Letter to the Editor about the benefits of bats, and be sure to include how to humanely handle bats if they become a problem in local homes and businesses (click here to learn more). Also write public interest articles to spread the word through other types of publications.
7. CREATE A FUNDRAISER FOR BAT WORLD
You will need the right sort of idea and right location for it. Example – you might host a Fruit Bat Benefit – $25 gets participants a basket of fruit (donated by a local produce store).
8. ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
We share photos and educational information almost every day on our Bat World’s Facebook page. If you know someone who is afraid of bats, please have them join our page so they can see what bats are really like. Educating others is the key to saving bats around the world!
9. JOIN MYACTIONS
Sign up for MyActions and earn money for Bat World Sanctuary every time you post an environmentally conscious good deed! Please use our cheat sheet to create and account and start posting. It costs nothing and there is no spam. Bat World can earn $1,000 or more a month through MyActions, but we need more people to sign up, so please help us out!