Typical day in the office…
Rescued dogs pictured above, from left to right: Grumbles (washing Sammy’s face), Awful Moe (licking Kizmet’s shoulder), and Pyewacket and Daffy having tug of war with another dog bed.
Positions held at Bat World:
- Grumbles: UPS Alerter
- Sammy: Dog bed holder-downer
- Kizmet: Junk mail shredder
- Awful Moe: Auxiliary to Grumbles
- Pyewacket: Human volunteer’s food polisher-offer
- Daffy: Dumpster Truck Alerter
- Team effort: Providing fur fixes to volunteers while bats are sleeping.
Norbert the Toad lives in the back of the facility and comes up for a breakfast of left over meal worms every morning. (Click photo to enlarge).
Along with Norbert, we care for 5 alley cats that have all taken part in the TNR program (see Mr. Kitty), birds, a grumpy squirrel, and a family of raccoons who -every summer night- visit a kiddie pool we provide for them after they came up for water during a 2010 heat wave.